Monday, March 7, 2011

Wellington Day 4: Friends

When I published on my blog my intention to come to Wellington for a recovery break, it seemed that everyone I knew in Wellington wanted to have a catch up while I was there.  I’d had lunches or afternoon tea with three of those friends on the first three days.  If I’d gone with my original travel plans it would have not been possible to meet with everyone I wanted to, but with gaining two days, I set aside Monday for meeting up with those who were left that I could get hold of.  (If those I didn’t get to are reading this, please accept my apologies.)

I cannot express enough how much it means to know there are people thinking of us and praying for us through this time.  Friends have been telling me they wish they could do more to help, but please don’t underestimate the emotional and spiritual support.  An email, a letter, a txt.  All these gestures have been appreciated more than you can ever realise.  Even going out there and wearing Canterbury colours across the country. Thank you to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment